1. In the Estimate Process area the vehicle is inspected and relevant data is entered into estimate computer systems. This data is compiled into an estimate that determines the cost of repairs. However, often there is hidden damage that can not be seen until after the vehicle is disassembled.
2. Once the estimate is completed, the insurance company will review the estimate. There may be some negotiations on the price and procedures required to repair the vehicle. The insurance company will determine if the vehicle is even repairable. Once this process is completed, the vehicle begins the actual repair process.
3. In Disassembly hidden damage is often found, and inner structure repairs are determined. Many times this will require scheduling insurance re-inspection and ordering additional parts.
4. The required parts for your vehicle are ordered, and availability is checked. If a part needs to be special ordered, the order will be placed as soon as possible. Although many parts may arrive very quickly, the repair process can not begin until the shop receives all of the structural parts.
5. In the Structure Repair area, the unitized body is returned back to the factory specification. A sophisticated measuring system is used to monitor all phases in this area. A computer basedmeasurement system is used to analyze the frame of your vehicle. This system assures an accurate repair.
6. The Body Repair Department replaces exterior panels, and all metal finishing that may be required. The vehicle begins to come back to life as sheet metal is installed and aligned. From here the vehicle will go to the paint preparations department.
7. Paint Preparation is a critical step in the refinishing process of every vehicle. All panels are prepared for paint, then primed and sealed to assure good adhesion when the final top color and clear coats of paint are applied.
8. Final moldings and detail pieces are put back on the vehicle in the reassembly area. All the vehicle's systems are checked during this process. The vehicle is almost complete and ready for delivery when it is in this stage.
9. During the repair process the vehicle accumulates dust from the repairs. It will be cleaned. It will also be road tested to ensure that everything is working properly. A final inspection will assure that the vehicle is restored to it's pre-accident condition.
10. Delivery is the last step in the repair process. When the customer arrives to pick up the vehicle, the bill is explained and the final paper work is completed. The customer drives away in the vehicle that has been restored to its pre-accident condition.
We take the guesswork out of collision repair so you can relax and feel confident about the process:
• We take the hassle out of the repair process
• We work with insurance agents to efficiently process the claim
• We conveniently arrange rental car pick-up
• We guarantee the repairs as long as you own your vehicle
• We promise to restore your vehicle to its original appearance
• We know our quality workmanship will reaffirm your decision to choose Prestige Autobody.
The Paint We Use
Copyright Prestige Autobody & Frame 2013
Created by Lighthousecreates.com
Serving Modesto, Ceres, Turlock, Oakdale, Riverbank and the greater Modesto area.